Simoneink Fall Interns
We are boutique public relations firm specializing in promoting luxury hotels, restaurants, chefs, spirits, and culinary/travel books both nationally and within the DC area. Our primary focus is media relations; we do not engage in event planning or advertising.
We are seeking Fall Interns to join our busy team! Because the firm is small, there is an administrative component to all employees' positions. Hired intern responsibilities will include duties to support the President, Senior Account Directors, and Associates such as:
- Maintaining monthly reports for clients
- Monitoring websites with clients' press inclusions
- Strategically developing and posting content on company and client social media platforms
- Engaging with journalists and industry figures via social media
- Writing thank you letters
- Filing and organizing office material
- Typing and formatting documents and client collateral
- Researching various topics
- Contributing to press releases
- Creating comprehensive, targeted media lists
- Printing and assembling press kits
- Arranging FedEx and USPS shipments
- Assisting in maintenance of company website
The intern's role is key to keeping the office organized and meeting deadlines. This position does not involve event planning or travel. Full-time and part-time positions are available.
Successful candidates will be motivated and committed self-starters looking to learn, grow, and be challenged in a fast-paced environment. Job requirements include:
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, including advanced knowledge of MS Office
- Social media savvy
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Ability to work at a fast pace and juggle multiple priorities to meet deadlines without sacrificing accuracy
- Ability to think creatively and outside the box.
- Positive attitude with proactive approach: "The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." - Winston Churchill. We are looking for someone who does not give up when faced with a challenge. Someone who does not get discouraged. Someone who uses available resources to find a solution.
- Interest in the food/travel/hospitality industry.
Interested candidates may submit a cover letter, résumé, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.