Simoneink Public Relations Associate [Pitching Required]
We are small boutique public relations firm specializing in promoting luxury hotels, restaurants, chefs, spirits, and culinary/travel books. Our primary focus is media relations.
We are seeking an experienced, full-time, salaried Public Relations Associate to join our busy team. Responsibilities, to be executed under the direction of the firm’s president, will include:
- Formulating creative pitches and direct them to local, regional, and national press. Must be familiar with the process of pitching and have had 3 consecutive years experience of pitching (preferably to leisure/hospitality journalists)
- Developing strategic plans with angles to position clients to the media
- Creative writing to develop press materials
- Managing daily project timelines and PR deliverables for all client accounts
- Graphic design projects, creating monthly client newsletters and various marketing materials designed through the program Keynote
- Overseeing the day-to-day client communications to ensure client satisfaction
- Facilitating interviews, photos shoots, and meetings between media and clients
- Crafting talking points, collateral, and presentation materials for clients
Because the firm is small, there is an administrative component to all employees’ positions. Associate will assist with tasks, such as:
- Overseeing monthly reports for clients
- Maintaining/updating contact information for journalists lists
- Ordering magazines and newspapers with client’s press inclusions
- Monitoring websites with client’s press inclusions
Preferred candidates will have an interest and understanding of food/travel/hospitality.
Successful candidate will be a motivated and committed self-starter. Job requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years PR experience (restaurant / hospitality industry PR preferred)
- Experience in developing and executing all aspects of public outreach campaigns to increase media exposure and support strategic initiatives for clients
- Proven creative talent with demonstrated strength in producing effective public relations strategies to meet challenging objectives
- Deep understanding of media relations with an established record of recurring high-level print, online, and broadcast coverage
- Excellent writing, editing, communication and social media skills
- Ability to work at a fast pace and juggle multiple priorities to meet deadlines without sacrificing accuracy
- Ability to think creatively and outside the box
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Positive attitude with proactive approach
Beautiful office is located in a suburban setting in McLean, VA, 10 minutes from Georgetown. We are not Metro-accessible. Salary is dependent on experience. Health insurance, vacation and sick leave are discussed after 3-month trial period. No relocation assistance is available.
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter (including salary expectations), résumé and 3-4 writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.