We are seeking a full-time PR Assistant to join our growing team. Because the firm is small, there is an administrative component to all employees’ positions. Hired Administrative Assistant responsibilities will include duties to support the President and Senior Directors such as:
- Printing and assembling press kits
- Maintaining monthly reports for clients
- Maintaining/updating contact information for journalists
- Ordering magazines and newspapers with client’s press inclusions
- Monitoring websites with client’s press inclusions
- Writing thank you letters
- Filing and organizing office
- Preparing mailings
- Typing and formatting documents
- Researching various topics
- Arranging FedEx and USPS shipments
- Ensuring content on company website and blog are current
- Assisting on Simoneink’s social media pages
- Answering phones
The assistant’s role is key to keeping the office organized and meeting deadlines. This position does not involve event planning or travel; it is not a supervisory position.
Successful candidate will be a motivated and committed self-starter with interest in public relations and an eagerness to grow in this role. Job requirements include:
- 2+ years office or Public Relations experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, including advanced knowledge of MS Office and Internet research
- Social media savvy
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Ability to work at a fast pace and juggle multiple priorities to meet deadlines without sacrificing accuracy
- Ability to think creatively and outside the box
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Positive attitude with proactive approach: “The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” - Winston Churchill. We are looking for someone who does not give up when faced with a challenge. Someone who does not get discouraged. Someone who uses available resources to find a solution.
There is room to grow at our firm. We work in an open office so you will gain PR knowledge daily.
Beautiful office is located in a quiet, suburban setting. We are not Metro-accessible.
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter (including statement of salary expectations) and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.